Santherby Elementary School is the latest addition to the Wishwell Independent School District. We are one of four elementary schools in the district providing quality education for children in the Wishwell community.
Santherby Elementary School Library
Our mission at the Santherby Elementary School Library is to promote a love of reading, and to encourage students and staff to become lifelong learners and effective users of technology and ideas.
To accomplish this mission the library specialists will:
- Encourage a lifelong love of learning and reading within and without library walls by providing information in a variety of formats.
- Seek to stimulate students' curiosity and enable them with the skills to research ideas and become critical thinkers.
- Promote collaboration with teachers to plan, design, and deliver curriculum through learning strategies that meet the individual needs of all students.
- Ensure that administrators, teachers, staff, and students are effective and efficient users of information and technology.
- Promote responsible citizenship by helping students develop positive habits and attitudes through active participation in society.
- Provide a welcome, comfortable environment conducive to student learning and inquiry.
Burnley-Moran Library/Media Center (pre-K-4th Grade), Charlottesville, VA
Vision of Texas Schools. Adapted from Information Power: Building Partnerships for Learning (1989) American Library Association and Association for Educational Communications and Technology.
Albemarle County: Agnor-Hurt Elementary School (K-5), Charlottesville, Virginia